Friday, November 21, 2008

Rubber Ducky



These rubber ducky soaps were so fun to make!!  The pictures do not do them justice, how hard it is to properly photograph a clear image!  Of course, they are not perfectly clear, but you see that.  

I think they appeal to children as well as adults.  I made them in one of my favorite scents, satsuma.  Not too sweet, not to citrusy.  My laundry room smells like heaven right now (and this is what I envision heaven to smell like!).

Each Ducky comes wrapped in plastic to protect the fragile glycerine soap.  Each one is hand cut by myself, so perfect squares they are not!  There also may be a few bubbles or minor imperfections in these as well, hand poured glycerine soaps are just that way.  The rubber ducky inside is about 1.5 inches by 1 inch, he will be fun to play with after the soap is all gone!

Ducky Soap $4
appx 4 oz each
Contains; Glycerine Soap, Rubber Ducky, Satsuma fragrance oil

3 comments:

Bloggin' Mama said...

Too cute! I was wondering if you make 'bits' that dissolve in boiling water - I would like to use them for cloth wipe solution. I found a shop on Etsy that has them and I really love them, but I'd rather buy from someone I 'know' if possible.

valley view farm said...

Laura- what an awesome idea!!! I just made some using the leftover from this soap batch. I will try them out and see how they work and let you know.

I am super excited by the way, thank you!!!

Bloggin' Mama said...

Yay!! Let me know how they turn out!